Monday, February 18, 2013

Carbon Monoxide and You

Hey guys!  

Today's post isn't related to anything crafty or DIY, but it is related to your home.  

I'm posting today about Carbon Monoxide and it's dangers.  Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that is omitted into the environment as a by product of fossil fuels.  Because it is odorless, colorless, tasteless and has no odor, many people do not realize they have problem until it is too late.

It is imperative that you have Carbon Monoxide detectors outside the sleeping areas on each level of your home.  It is also important to have one in the living areas as well.  Carbon Monoxide detectors are widely available at any hardware store, or big box store.  Be sure to change the batteries in your detectors at least twice a year.

Should your Carbon Monoxide detector activate, call 911 immediately.  The only way to be sure that the activation of your detector is a malfunction is to have trained personnel come in with monitors and take air quality readings inside the home.  Once you call 911, close all of your windows and doors (so that the fire personnel can get the most accurate readings of the air quality in your home) and wait outside in the fresh air.  

Please take the time to read the following information regarding Carbon Monoxide and it's symptoms:
Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

No comments:

Post a Comment

I loove me some comments! Hugs!